Monday, August 2, 2010

July 31, 2010

Today the program is over and I am so happy. This has been a wonderful experience and I have learned many things that just cannot be taught to someone. I have gained the experience of being in another country for an extended period of time and not being on vacation.
I have been able to gain a new perspective of teaching and how teaching differs all around the world and I will hopefully be able to take some of the things I have learned home so that when I become a teacher I will be able to teach with the best techniques.
I have learned that the stupid girls that were mean as a little girl that my mother said would grow up and learn that they cannot treat people that way, never really grow up and will be skanks forever.
I have learned that I am capable of meeting people that are not judgmental and drama-oriented. I have met some of the best people here and I really hope I will be able to continue being friends with most of them for a long while.
I have learned how to navigate a subway system that I absolutely hated.
I have learned that Europeans need to wear more deodorant and that wearing deodorant does not mean that you are gay. If you thought wearing it was gay then, you should not wear such tight pants; that really does mean your gay…
All things that cannot be taught in a classroom and all things that even though I have wanted to go home most of the trip I will miss but will carry these lessons with me forever.

But most of all,

I will miss Dr. Wright!
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment