Monday, August 2, 2010

July 29, 2010

Im getting more and more excited about the program ending and being able to go home. It’s not that I haven’t enjoyed being here and being able to make some great friends that I cant wait to go home and go out with I just don’t think I prepared myself for being here. On top of the excitement of being able to see Michael in a couple days; it all is just so much to handle.
Today we had lecture. We met at school for our last lecture of Cinema. It was an interesting lecture although it seemed like of all the lecturers this lady had the heaviest accent and was the hardest to pay attention to because she kept stopping to find the right words. It was very distracting. After lecture, Heather, Teresa, Susie, Stephanie and I went to Luini’s for a last calzone thing. They really are delicious and I think I’m going to go home and practice until I can imitate the recipe so that when our café opens I will be able to sell them. I think they would be a hit with fat Americans like me. Anything inside of a doughnut is going to be good.
After Luini’s we made our way back to the dorm. Heather and I stopped for gelato first though. We talked the entire bus ride home about everything. It was really nice to be able to talk to someone that doesn’t judge people. In fact this whole trip it has been nice being able to talk to a few people that a really nice and do not judge you like so many of my friends do. Hopefully this trip and being able to meet these great people will be the start of something new.
Once back at the dorm, everyone in the bella suite took a nap. It was so quiet in our rooms it was so nice. When everyone started waking up people started working on their papers again. I realized today that I am absolutely horrible at writing papers and taking tests and really It’s a surprise that I am making it through college. It has been such a struggle for me and getting through college since no one in my family has gone to college and nobody understands what the workload is. Hopefully, me making it through college will really pave the way for mine and Michael’s future and hopefully I will be able to help get my mother and her finances on track. I worry about her all the time.
After I finished writing my paper I went to sleep. I am growing more and more annoyed of how loud everyone is while Chelsea and I are trying to go to sleep. It seems like them talk louder when they know were sleeping. Oh, well at least the program is ending very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment